What are administrative physicals?
Administrative physicals are required physical examinations that validate eligibility for specific life events. Take Care Clinics perform the following administrative physicals:
- Camp Counselor Physicals
- Child Care Provider Physicals
- College/University Physicals
- Driver’s License/Learner’s Permit Physicals (Noncommercial)
- Employment/Pre-Employment Physicals
- Including those requiring verification that a patient has no infectious or communicable disease and those requiring a statement of general, mental, emotional, and physical health
- Not including those requiring assessment of specific weight lifting ability, those that require an EKG , and those involving Worker’s Compensation claims
- Healthcare Provider/Employee/Student Physicals
- Post-Adoptive/Foster Home Resident Physicals not including pre-adoption/foster evaluations
- Premarital Physicals
- Professional Licensure Physicals
- School Admission Physicals – including professional and trade schools
- Senior Care Provider Physicals
- Senior Living Admission Physicals – including adult community, assisted living, nursing care, and retirements homes
- Teacher/School Personnel Physicals
While specific requirements vary, these examinations provide an opportunity for the Take Care Health Provider to discuss important healthcare issues and to ensure that the individual is healthy and physically prepared for that specific life event. Please bring any required forms that must be completed with you.
Most administrative physicals are not covered by insurance. Payment via cash or credit card is due at the time of service. Certain exceptions may apply.
An administrative physical is not a replacement for an annual physical examination with your primary care physician.
Take Care Clinics also offer camp, sports and annual school physicals.
Who are administrative physicals recommended for?
Administrative physicals are available for patients requiring validation of eligibility for the specific life events listed above. Certain exceptions, including age restrictions, may apply.
Take Care Clinics do not perform the following physicals:
- Gun/Firearm Evaluations
- Pre-Adoption/Foster Evaluations
- Pre-Surgical/Pre-Operative Physicals
- Workers Compensation Evaluations
- Immigration or Naturalization Evaluations
- Physicals that require:
- Extensive psychiatric and social evaluations (general mental/cognitive impairments screenings can be completed)
- Diagnosis of chronic illness (such as an FMLA medical assessment)